the first of december and winter's morning is characterized by a cocktail of lanes below the freezing point, each of the bursts as well as moisture in the air.
the Police have several times on Sunday morning warned of icy roads. For the weather can give spejlglatte roads in several places in the country, telling the duty officer meteorologist at DMI, Janice Brødsgaard.
There has been salt on the vast majority of major roads, points out, the weatherman.
But particularly in driveways and on smaller roads, you should be aware.
- It is the one of the first mornings with the smooth roads we have, so because many of us are not aware of it yet, it can be really dangerous, she says.
Both of Zealand and in Southern Jutland police have warned about icy roads the night of Sunday.
south Zealand and Lolland-Falsters Police write on Twitter:
- Vestmotorvejen is VERY smooth, and there have been several accidents between Sorø and Ringsted. Slow down!
on the Night of Sunday, police said, however, that none of the crashes was serious.
this is the statement from South Jutland Police on Twitter.
- as soon As you step outside your door this morning, you may be in danger of falling. That has fallen to the freezing rain to several places in South - and southern Jutland, writes politikredsen.
freezing rain is a phenomenon that occurs when supercooled rain hits the ground and is immediately transformed into ice.
Apart from at the coast there early on Sunday to frost in most of the country, informs Janice Brødsgaard.
Mainly on the west Coast, the islands of Lolland-Falster, Funen and in South Jutland there have also been small bursts.
- It is not much water, but just enough to give the wet roadways, as they risk to freeze to, say, Andrew Brødsgaard.
Therefore one must be aware. Especially if one is still running around on summer tires.
- If you have a car, one should think about whether you have switched to winter tires, it makes a difference, she says.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 01 December 2019, 07:00