Contract with tolkefirma be repealed. Police would not rule out the complications in relation to interpreters on short track.
With immediate effect, the national Police terminated the contract with tolkefirmaet EasyTranslate, and it puts the police in a difficult situation, because there is a need for interpretation at hearings, court proceedings, and grundlovsforhør.
Koncernstyringsdirektør in the national Police, Thomas Østrup Møller, assures that the police "will do everything they can" to ensure that the future will be interpretation in spite of the termination of the contract.
Question: is it Going to mean anything economically for the police, to terminate the contract?
- It rains we don't, but it puts us obviously in a difficult situation. It is something we do fairly quickly, he says.
With the repeal of the agreement establishes the national Police, a temporary list of interpreters, such as police, courts and other authorities will be given the opportunity to select appropriate interpreters from.
- It is happening now, is that the individual authorities have the option of contacting the interpreters, they can get hold of, and we hope also, when we get our list up and running that we can then provide more interpreters than in the past.
- But I would certainly not exclude, that there will be some complications in the short term, because it is done with such short notice.
- We have made every effort to ensure the us. Of course, we have also informed the authorities involved that it is important to focus on this situation.
- We expect, however, to continue some days even with deliveries from our supplier. While we make every effort to get established a tolkefortegnelse, as the authorities can draw on.
In relation to a possible contract with a new tolkefirma in the future will the Police think about, assures Thomas Østrup Møller.
- If we need to look further out in the future, we must think about ourselves right well. The main goal we have is to raise the quality of the interpretation, he says.
the Termination of the contract with the EasyTranslate happens, because according to the police have been applied to data processors, as they are not known to Police. Thus, the company has according to the police violated the rules of data protection.
But also the professional level among the interpreters, the wrong categorisation of interpreters, inadequate klagesagsbehandling have according to the national Police helped to weaken confidence in EasyTranslate.
/ritzauDate Of Update: 11 December 2019, 23:00