the Number of sold buy a seat reservations to the DSB's trains in the holiday season is at the highest level in five years.
Several have planned to take the train, when in the christmas day travel around the country to visit family or friends.
the Sale of tickets to the DSB's trains in the holiday season at the highest level in five years.
It informs the DSB that it has cracked a curve, since recent years have seen a decline in christmas.
Juletrafikken is in the year spread over several days, because christmas eve falls on a Tuesday.
the DSB's figures cover sales of buy a seat reservations in the days 21. 27. december.
That is especially sold many tickets the 22. and 23. december, where there has been high demand for flights from eastern denmark to the west to Funen and Jutland. The ride home is spread over several days.
- There are very big interests to take the train, and we need five years back to see a corresponding sales, says Aske Wieth-Knudsen, who is vice president of DSB.
Secondly he thinks that more people are choosing the train, because it impacts the climate less than the car or the plane.
- of course We can't crawl into the heads of people who have bought tickets in the christmas.
- But we can see that the train is on international travel - especially on interrail - advancement.
- So something suggests that there is increasing interest for it to travel with the train, which is more cheaper tickets help on here in the juletrafikken, says Aske Wieth-Knudsen.
DSB informs that the trains on the most sought after flights in christmas, which is in the middle of the day, is about to be sold out.
- There is still space in the train, but it is clear that the most popular flights are to be away, Kolaybet but there are still options in the morning and evening on busy days, says Aske Wieth-Knudsen.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 02 December 2019, 14:00