Poison would be prohibited for golf courses and potted plants in nurseries. Roebranche get a year to test the alternative.
Sprøjtemidlet neonikotinoider is known to weaken the bee's ability to orient themselves, so they can't find food or home to the estate.
Why has the minister of the environment Lea Wermelin (S) decided to prohibit the use of the substance on the golf courses and potted plants in nurseries.
- It moves something, because we of course do not need to use a remedy, which, we know, is harmful to bees, and that is to amplify the biodiversitetskrise, we have, when it is not necessary, says Lea Wermelin.
- And I do not believe that it is. Neither of the golf courses or potted plants in horticulture, she says.
Neonikotinoider is banned for outdoor use in Denmark and the rest of the EU, but with a number of derogations in the european regulation.
the Use of the substances be banned completely on the golf courses, while the approval for potted plants in nurseries are being pulled back.
in Addition, roebranchen a year to test the alternative that is found, and which can replace neonikotinoider.
The Danish sugar beet growers have right now dispensation to stain the sugar beet seeds, which are sown in the spring.
Sprøjtemidlet may be one of the explanations that the population of bees has declined in recent years.
While the estimate in 2003 was 155.000 bee colonies, so the number was dropped Mobilbahis to 115.000 in 2016.
the Danish Biavlerforening and the Danish society for nature conservation (DN) has long called for a total ban on neonikotinoider.
- I am delighted that it now looks like we will get a phase-out, and that it seems to be the end of neonikotinoider in the foreseeable future. But you should have banned this a long time ago.
- We would have wished that it had happened yesterday - but, now the industry one year to adapt, and so we are pleased that it will connect with neonikotinoider in Denmark, says Maria Reumert Gjerding, who is the president of DN.
Unity has also fought for many years for a complete ban of neonikotinoider, and miljøordfører Mai Villadsen expect that the new alternative can lead to a complete ban before long.
- We so would like, that there was a total ban with the same, but I consider it actually as a real ban about a year - and therefore, this is a fine start, she says.
The Radicals had also wanted more, but satisfied with udfasningsordningen.
- We think it is an important first step, but we prefer, to that came a final end date (for the use of neonikotinoider, ed.), and we have not got.
- But we have certainly received something from the minister, which is likely to be to a ban of a year, so it is, we hope, keeps, says Zenia Stampe, who is miljøordfører for The Radical.
SF's naturordfører, Anne Valentina Berthelsen, adds:
- Now we put the agriculture chair for the door and gives them a year to find out how they can do without bidræberpesticider. We need the wild bees, and therefore should the coming season be bidræberpesticidets last.
the Minister for the environment, augurs, too, that there will be drafted a national bestøverstrategi. It will be done in close cooperation with relevant stakeholders and will be included as part of the government's forthcoming natural and biodiversitetspakke.
/ritzau/Date Of Update: 22 November 2019, 21:12