Minister of education the dropper device to the smart kids. It faces criticism from experts and political opponents.
minister for Children and education), Pernille Rosenkrantz-Theil (S) closes the national unity for wise children.
The special talentenhed to support the education of the brightest students, but the 65 million should instead go to a general lifting of the primary school.
It writes Jyllands-Posten.
the Decision to drop the special action meetings, however, criticism by, among others, Poul Nissen, who is a professor emeritus at the University of Aarhus. He has researched in the promotion of gifted children.
- In many years has the idea been, that they are smart enough to succeed, and so you have used the resources on the weak students.
- But the research shows that the promotion of gifted children also have special bets just like the svagtbegavede, he says to the newspaper.
Neither the Liberal party undervisningsordfører, Ellen Trane Nørby (V), or undervisningsordfører Anne Sophie Callesen (R) looks positively on the change.
- Therefore, one may ask why there is a need also to remove 65 million from a talentindsats. It means something to the kids who are strongest academically, which can also become vulnerable when they do not get the help they need, says Anne Sophie Callesen to Ritzau.
Although a wide boost will benefit the school, it leads not to the support for talented children, as they are missing. Anne Sophie Callesen points out that smart kids need to be met at their level, and seen by the community.
research and development manager Andreas Rasch-Christensen from Via University College, warns against dropping the unit, with a focus on the most talented schoolchildren.
- The public school system has always been the best for the big in the middle of the students and not so good for those who are in the bottom and top, he says to Jyllands-Posten.
Pernille Rosenkrantz-Theil, however, is firm on the decision to drop the talentenheden with reference to the fact that schools need a general boost.
- It will benefit all pupils including those who need more hjerneguf, she says to the newspaper.
/ritzau/Date Of Update: 22 December 2019, 03:00