- I can't see any end to it, but we don't give up, says protester after a half year's protests.
Hundreds of thousands of black demonstrators from all walks of life was Sunday on the streets of Hong kong to participate in new demonstrations, which marked a half-year uprising against the regime in the chinese-ruled territory.
For the first time since august, the police had allowed the demonstration, which is organized by the Civil Human Rights Front, one of Hong kong's biggest pro-democracy groups.
Organisers say that over 800,000 were on the street Sunday by the biggest demonstration in several months.
- We've had over 800,000 participants, says Eric Lai, who helped to organize the event.
Police say that 11 people were arrested ahead of the demonstration in connection with a series of police raids. Seized a small arms during the operation. The demonstrations began in June, when the regime in Hong kong prepared a new legislation, which should make it possible to imprison residents from Hong kong in China.
They have since evolved to be broader in their aims, and now the protests turned against the government itself and its representatives.
- I will fight for freedom until I die, says the June - a 40-year-old mother.
Organizers of Sunday's protests, warned Sunday that regardless of whether it is a peaceful march or by choice, so the government will not hear it.
The only follow orders from China's kommunistpart, say, a 50-year-old protester who only want to disclose his surname, as is Wong.
- I do not know how long the fight will last, adding another protester by the name of Kelvin.
- I can't see any end to it, but we don't give up, he says.
A fruit shop by the name of Leung gave jordbærbakker to protesters around him.
- I would take the sweet with to Hong kong's inhabitants, which has had a very difficult half year, he says.
The semi-autonomous Hong kong has been rocked by ever more violent street fights, which is the biggest challenge in the history of China, which took over the former british crown colony in 1997.
/ritzau/ReutersUpdated Date: 08 December 2019, 22:00