Dan Jørgensen looks forward to telling his international colleagues on klimaloven, which fell in place on Friday.
on Friday night, it managed environment minister Dan Jørgensen (S) to gather a broad majority of the political parties on a klimalov to get Denmark in the goal of reducing greenhouse gases by 70 percent in 2030.
After the weekend traveling Dan Jørgensen to the climate meeting COP25, which will be held in Madrid, and he is proud that he can now tell his colleagues that it is managed to agree on an ambitious and binding klimalov.
Prior to it is there, however, has taken months of difficult negotiations, and the government's schedule is progressed.
the Ambition was, to klimaloven would have to be adopted before christmas, but the law is first put forward in the Danish Parliament in February next year.
Question: What has been so difficult?
- It is first and foremost to the highly technical negotiations. There is no one who has done it here before, so we have also had to invent new mechanisms, and we have had to find out how to give a government handlepligt, without that it's just words on a piece of paper, says environment minister Dan Jørgensen.
- But I have not actually tried to sit down at a table where people have been so constructive, although one would not believe it if you read the newspapers. Big praise to all parties, who have been with us.
Questions: How have bound future governments with this law?
- It is has been important to get a wide agreement, should the power switch - the god it - after the next general election, so will a future government be bound by it here.
- This is what makes it so powerful. It is from the Device list and the Alternative and to the Left, the Conservatives and the Danish people's Party in the other end of the chamber, which is assembled about it here. It is a very great thing, says Dan Jørgensen.
Question: by 2030, there will be set some specific targets along the way - what does it mean?
- There are two things on is very important. One is that each year will be follow-up on whether you are on the right path. In addition to the milestones shall be determined on the basis of recommendations from the Klimarådet.
Question: There has been talk that the binding targets in 2025 could lead to inappropriate policy. Why is it suddenly that it is not a problem anymore?
- It is also, therefore, that we not just have thought of a number. This is why we ask Klimarådet of what they recommend. And on the basis of the recommendations we are debating in the spring about the plan, and it is so a majority in Parliament, there should assess how the targets should be.
- It should be ambitious enough to push the Parliament to deliver on the short term. Conversely, one must be careful not to bind himself too hard, then there is a risk to make some decisions that are not rational in the long term.
Question: the Prime minister has said, that it should not cost jobs. Can you secure it?
- It is clear that the mechanisms required for, some we have to negotiate in connection with a klimahandlingsplan.
- We must keep in mind that one of the main reasons we do it here, is that we would like to inspire other countries.
- I need to COP25 in the next week, and I am of course proud of the fact that I can come up with a piece of paper, which is written under the of a wide the Danish Parliament.
And yes, we put it here objective, as many countries will look at and say is impossible to achieve, without that it leads to inequality and costing jobs. We say 'no'. We have agreed to do it in a way where it does not lead to social imbalance, and the dismantling of jobs, says climate minister.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 07 December 2019, 12:00